Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Hardware Loadbalancer vs zookeeper for producers

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-09-12, 00:43
Re: Hardware Loadbalancer vs zookeeper for producers
Kafka 08 doesn't use zookeeper based load balancing on the producer side.
We rely on a hardware load balancer to be able to talk to any broker and
get metadata about the cluster. This happens on startup, for new
topics/partitions and if the producer runs into an error while sending data.

Thanks,
Neha
On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Xuyen On <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can anyone from LinkedIn let me know if they are using Hardware
> Loadbalancer to distribute the producer messages or if they're using
> zookeeper?
> I'm trying to find out what the pros and cons are of using a hardware
> loadbalancer vs. using zookeeper to distribute the load of producers
> sending messages to brokers. Does anyone have any experience using
> either/both?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Xuyen

+