Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Hardware Loadbalancer vs zookeeper for producers

Re: Hardware Loadbalancer vs zookeeper for producers
Kafka 08 doesn't use zookeeper based load balancing on the producer side.
We rely on a hardware load balancer to be able to talk to any broker and
get metadata about the cluster. This happens on startup, for new
topics/partitions and if the producer runs into an error while sending data.

Thanks,
Neha