Kafka >> mail # user >> kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException - 0.8

+
Ran RanUser 2013-06-20, 07:09
+
Marc Labbe 2013-06-20, 12:49
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-20, 15:02
+
Ran RanUser 2013-06-23, 07:14
+
Yogesh Sangvikar 2013-06-25, 04:21
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-25, 04:36
+
Yogesh Sangvikar 2013-06-25, 05:19
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-25, 16:39
+
Markus Roder 2013-06-25, 05:56
+
Florin Trofin 2013-06-25, 07:12
Re: kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send messages after 3 tries.
Hi Florin,

I work with Yogesh so it is interesting you mention the
'metadata.broker.list' property as this was the first error message we saw.
 Consider the following producer code.

Properties props = new Properties();
props.put("broker.list", "x.x.x.x:9092, x.x.x.x :9092, x.x.x.x :9092,
x.x.x.x :9092, x.x.x.x :9092");
props.put("producer.type", "sync");
props.put("compression.codec", "2");  //snappy
ProducerConfig config = new ProducerConfig(props);
producer = new Producer<byte[], byte[]>(config);

This returns the following exception for the required, property
'metadata.broker.list'.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: Missing required
property 'metadata.broker.list'
at scala.Predef$.require(Predef.scala:145)
at
kafka.utils.VerifiableProperties.getString(VerifiableProperties.scala:158)
at kafka.producer.ProducerConfig.<init>(ProducerConfig.scala:66)
at kafka.producer.ProducerConfig.<init>(ProducerConfig.scala:56)
at com.pearson.firehose.KafkaProducer.<init>(KafkaProducer.java:21)
at com.pearson.firehose.KafkaProducer.main(KafkaProducer.java:40)

So we just added 'metadata' prefix to the above 'broker.list' property and
this fixed this exception.  However this is where we start to see this
producer retries error in the logs.  Could there be some problem with the
value we are using for 'metadata.broker.list' which is preventing the
producer from connecting?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan Hodges 2013-06-25, 11:09