Kafka >> mail # user >> Stale TopicMetadata

Re: Stale TopicMetadata
Hm... the cache may explain some odd behavior I was seeing in our
cluster yesterday.

The zookeeper information for which nodes were In Sync Replicas was
different that the data I received from a metadata request response.
Zookeeper said two nodes were ISR and the metadata response said only
the leader was ISR. This was after one of our two nodes went down, but
when both were back up.

I don't have the time to properly try to reproduce it, but it may be
something to think about if you are looking at caching issues.