Kafka, mail # user - Re: Protocol:Offsetrespose - 2013-07-15, 18:42

Re: Protocol:Offsetrespose
So, thats my fault. The protocol documentation is wrong. I added that
comment in the doc.

The time -1 should specify latest offsets, which may be more than one.
While the time -2 should specify the earliest offset and only ever
return one.

I have updated the documentation. Let me know if it is more clear now.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/A+Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol#AGuideToTheKafkaProtocol-OffsetAPI