Kafka >> mail # user >> Monitor Kafka Stats

+
Hanish Bansal 2013-06-06, 11:51
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-06, 15:56
Re: Monitor Kafka Stats
Hi Jun

Have you looked at Kafka-898 in jira?

It has a patch for reporting metrics to librato, which would make it very easy for people to get started with Kafka metrics.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 6, 2013, at 8:55 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Those stats on the broker are available through JMX. In 0.8, since we use
> metrics, you can potentially use different reporters to get the stats (see
> http://metrics.codahale.com/getting-started/#reporting-via-http).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Hanish Bansal <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am trying to get some parameters from kafka like Data produced per
>> second,
>> Data Consumed per second etc.
>>
>> There is a java api in Kafka "kafka.network.SocketServerStats" that i am
>> using
>> for my purpose :
>>
>> socketServerStats.getNumProduceRequests());
>> socketServerStats.getNumFetchRequests();
>> socketServerStats.getProduceRequestsPerSecond();
>>
>> But its not giving any values.
>>
>> Any suggestion will be helpful for me.
>>
>> --
>> *Thanks & Regards*