Kafka >> mail # user >> OffsetResponse: protocol size error

OffsetResponse: protocol size error
Hi there, when issuing offsetrequests with this payload:

{
    "requestMessage": {
        "API_KEY": 2,
        "replicaId": 0,
        "topics": [
            {
                "topicName": "myTopic",
                "partitions": [
                    {
                        "partitionId": 0,
                        "time": 10000,
                        "maxNumberofOffsets": 10
                    }
                ]
            }
        ]
    },
    "correlationId": 1979,
    "clientId": "foo"
}

I'm getting back:

{
    "topics": [
        {
            "partitionOffsets": [
                {
                    "partitionId": 0,
                    "errorCode": 0,
                    "offset": 0
                }
            ],
            "topicName": "myTopic"
        }
    ],
    "responseSize": 31,
    "correlationId": 1979,
    "byteLength": 35
}

It would be ok if not the fact that while reading the bytes from the
server, when I get to the offset position, there's only 4 bytes left, not 8
as expected. I've fixed this on my code by reading only an Int32 instead.
Is this a bug?

Regards
--
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the
rational mind is a faithful servant. We have