Kafka, mail # user - Re: Occasional batch send errors - 2013-04-24, 00:17

Re: Occasional batch send errors
Hey Karl, I have a very similar setup (3 kafka 0.7.2 brokers, 3 ZK 3.4.3
nodes) that I'm running right now and am getting the same error on the
producers. Haven't resolved it yet:

ERROR ProducerSendThread--1585663279
kafka.producer.async.ProducerSendThread - Error in handling batch of 200
events
java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer

For me these errors appear to be coupled with other errors like this:

kafka.producer.async.AsyncProducer - Event queue is full of unsent
messages, could not send event:

As I understand it, this happens when you are producing faster than the
brokers can persist the messages. It's possible these are two different
issues...

Anyway I've been doing a lot of work on this this afternoon so I may have
more information later. Someone else probably knows more though.