Kafka >> mail # dev >> decoding of responses with error_codes

decoding of responses with error_codes
I'm writing (yet another) C++ binding for kafka and I'm curious on the
encoding in relation to error-code != 0

There seems to be a discrepancy as to how to decode messages in presence of
errors.

ConsumerMetadataResponse error_code !=0 -> no more data should be decoded.

in all others we continue parsing of the rest of the message. Is this
assumption correct?

ie.

ProduceResponse...   offset should always be decoded

FetchResponse          highwater_mark_offset, message_set_size and
corresponding message should be decoded (most likely 0 size)

OffsetResponse:        offsets array should be decoded (guessing 0 size or
NULL)

MetadataResponse    topic_data::error-code and partition-data::error_code,
the rest of the message should be decoded.
/svante