Kafka, mail # dev - Re: Beta2 release? - 2013-07-24, 15:24

Re: Beta2 release?
I think fixing the pom is enough reason to do another beta drop.

While we're talking about the pom and Maven... Joe, have you given any
thought to using Maven classifiers to support the multiple scala versions?

E.g.,

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>
   <artifactId>kafka</artifactId>
   <version>0.8-beta</version>
   <classifier>scala-2.9.2</classifier>
</dependency>

<dependency org="org.apache.kafka" name="kafka" rev="0.8-beta"
m:classifier="scala-2.8.0"/>

val kafka = "org.apache.kafka" % "kafka" % "0.8-beta" classifier
"scala-2.8.0"
-David