Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: large amount of disk space freed on restart

Re: large amount of disk space freed on restart
Hey Jason,

As Jun says, we haven't seen that issue and no one else has reported that
but it sounds like a bug of some kind.

In 0.7 we don't do any preallocation of anything. The only time files
shrink is during recovery--we re-checksum all messages that may not have
been flushed and if any invalid messages are found we truncate them off.
This would only occur after an unclean shutdown (kill -9) and you would get
a bunch of errors in log warning you this was happening.

-Jay