Kafka, mail # user - Topic creation on restart

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-11-01, 03:41
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-01, 04:35
+
Jun Rao 2013-11-01, 04:40
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-11-01, 04:56
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-01, 05:18
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-11-01, 05:56
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-01, 09:54
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-11-01, 19:14
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-01, 20:46
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-11-04, 19:48
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-05, 05:12
Re: Topic creation on restart
Jason Rosenberg 2013-11-05, 05:41
Ok, so this can happen, even if the node has not been placed back into
rotation, at the metadata vip?
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> It is probably due to the same metadata propagation issue.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1111 should fix that.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Jason Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Ok,
> >
> > After adding a delay before enabling a freshly started broker in the
> > metadata vip that clients use, it seems to have drastically reduced the
> > number of these topic creation requests.  However, not all of them.
> >
> > I still see (only some times) a handful of "Topic creation" log messages,
> > that happen on a freshly started broker, during the time kafka has
> started,
> > but before the broker has been enabled in the metadata VIP.  Is there an
> > explanation for this?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Jason
> >

> > On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > The mbeans are explained here -
> > > http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#monitoring. Look for
> > > *QueueTimeMs