Kafka >> mail # dev >> parittioner runtime error with kafka 0.8

+
Jane Wang 2013-01-18, 01:29
+
Jay Kreps 2013-01-18, 03:09
Re: parittioner runtime error with kafka 0.8
I also tried with the constructor
ExpertSearchCollectionPartitioner(VerifiableProperties props) {
}

Still the same error.

I also tried the constructor without any parameter and with parameter Long.
None of them worked.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Jay Kreps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jane,
>
> This error is
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> com.twitter.expertsearch.indexing.jit.ExpertSearchCollectionPartitio
> ner.<init>(kafka.utils.VerifiableProperties)
>
> It means that you need to have a constructor which takes a single argument,
> VerifiableProperties. This is a way to pass any configuration from the
> producer properties to your partitioner instance.
>
> Sorry there is no real documentation for this as it is new to 0.8 and we
> haven't finished the 0.8 documentation.
>
> -Jay
>
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Jane Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> >

> com.twitter.expertsearch.indexing.jit.ExpertSearchCollectionPartitioner.<init>(kafka.utils.VerifiableProperties)

+
Jane Wang 2013-01-18, 17:26
+
Jay Kreps 2013-01-18, 21:21