Kafka >> mail # user >> new log.dirs property (as opposed to log.dir)

Re: new log.dirs property (as opposed to log.dir)
If you get a disk error that results in an IOException the broker will shut itself down. You would then have the option of replacing the disk or deleting that data directory from the list. When the broker is brought back up the intact partitions will quickly catch up and be online; the destroyed partitions will have to fully rebuild off the other replicas and will take a little longer but will automatically come back online once they have restored off the replicas.

-jay

Sent from my iPhone