Kafka >> mail # dev >> Patch for mmap + windows

+
Jay Kreps 2013-08-21, 21:54
Re: Patch for mmap + windows
Hi Jay,

I'm planning to test run Kafka on Windows in our test environments
evaluating if it's suitable for production usage.

I can provide feedback with the patch how well it works and if we encounter
any functional or perf problems.

Tim
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Jay Kreps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Elizabeth and I have a patch to support our memory mapped offset index
> files properly on Windows:
>
> Question: Do we want this on 0.8 or trunk? I would feel more comfortable
> with it in trunk, but that means windows support in 0.8 is known to be
> broken (as opposed to "not known to be broken but not known to be working
> either" since we are not doing aggressive system testing on windows).
>
> I would feel more comfortable doing the patch on 0.8 if there was someone
> who would be willing to take on real load testing and/or production
> operation on Windows so we could have some confidence that Kafka on Windows
> actually works, otherwise this could just be the tip of the iceberg.
>
> Also it would be great to get review on that patch regardless of the
> destination.
>
> -Jay

+
Jay Kreps 2013-08-21, 23:30