Kafka, mail # user - consumer offset (0.7) - 2013-06-05, 21:20

consumer offset (0.7)
Hey guys,

Is there any way to tell where the consumer offset is in terms of the total size of the topic or topic-partition? I know i can read the offset itself out of Zookeeper, but that doesn't seem to correspond anything I can use. I'm trying to figure out how far along a consumer is in a topic, i.e. is it fully caught up at the end or is it far behind, etc. Any ideas?