Kafka >> mail # dev >> gradle patch timeline

gradle patch timeline
Hey David,

I have a pretty largish patch with a reimplementation of the producer. At
the moment this is a stand alone code base. I wanted to get a patch up that
integrates this with the kafka code base as a new sub-project module for
the new producer and (eventually) the consumer as well.

I wanted to work out some of the sequencing with the gradle patch you have
going (KAFKA-1171). I think if we try to both at the same time it will be a
bit of a drag as one of us will have to keep rebasing and I suspect there
will be a few iterations on the code layout that will definitely impact the
build as this code goes through review. But I don't have a good idea how
close the gradle stuff is to committable and don't want to block
indefinitely. Any thoughts on that...?

-Jay