Kafka, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 5 - 2013-12-02, 18:34

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 5
Joe, another thing I noticed in the staging repo:

The POM for 2.8.2, 2.9.1, 2.9.2, and 2.10 include scala-compiler and
some other stuff that is not included in 2.8.0

2.8.0
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/kafka_2.8.0/0.8.0/kafka_2.8.0-0.8.0.pom
2.8.2
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/kafka_2.8.2/0.8.0/kafka_2.8.2-0.8.0.pom

Here's a diff of those two:
https://gist.github.com/mumrah/7bd6bd8e2805210d5d9d/revisions

I think maybe the 2.8.0 POM is missing some stuff it needs (zkclient,
snappy, yammer metrics). And there is a duplicate ZK entry for the POMs
 >2.8.0

-David