Kafka >> mail # user >> RE: storing last processed offset, recovery of failed message processing etc.

Re: storing last processed offset, recovery of failed message processing etc.
We use Zookeeper, as is standard with Kafka.

Our systems are idempotent, so we only store offsets when the message is
fully processed. If this means we occasionally replay a message due to some
corner-case, or simply a restart, it doesn't matter.

Philip