Kafka >> mail # user >> C++ Producer => Broker => Java Consumer?

+
Otis Gospodnetic 2014-01-31, 21:31
+
Philip OToole 2014-01-31, 21:37
+
Tom Brown 2014-01-31, 22:39
+
Philip OToole 2014-01-31, 22:43
Re: C++ Producer => Broker => Java Consumer?
Beautiful then!  I thought this cause problems with Java consumer not
knowing how to deserialize, but sounds like I don't have to worry.
 Excellent, thanks!

Otis
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Philip O'Toole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Exactly.
>
> Our C++ producers simply stream bytes to 0.72 Kafka, following Kafka's
> byte-level message spec. Our Java-based Consumers just read bytes and use
> the standard IO libraries to deserialize the data.
>
> Philip
>

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Tom Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The C++ program writes bytes to kafka, and java reads bytes from kafka.
> >
> > Is there something special about the way the messages are being
> serialized
> > in C++?
> >
> > --Tom
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Philip O'Toole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Is this a Kafka C++ lib you wrote yourself, or some open-source
> library?
> > > What version of Kafka?
> > >
> > > Philip

> can