Kafka >> mail # user >> Zookeeper setup

+
Vadim Keylis 2013-08-09, 22:25
+
Philip OToole 2013-08-09, 22:30
Re: Zookeeper setup
Yeah, the basics are there, e.g. in the doc for the zookeeper.connect
property:

"Specifies the zookeeper connection string in the form
hostname:port/chroot. Here the chroot is a base directory which is
prepended to all path operations (this effectively namespaces all kafka
znodes to allow sharing with other applications on the same zookeeper
cluster)."

Actually though, I think the docs could be slightly more clear, as past
confusion on this list will atest.

The confusing part is what to do if you have multiple hosts in your zk
cluster.  In that case, the '/chroot' is only appended to the end of the
list of host/port pairs, e.g.:

host1.xyz.com:1234,host2.xyz.com:1234,host3.xyz.com:1234/chroot

This is often not obvious to readers of the docs.

Jason
On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Philip O'Toole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have you read the docs? They are well written. It's all there, including
> the paths.
>
> Philip
>
> On Aug 9, 2013, at 3:24 PM, Vadim Keylis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to setup kafka service and connect to zookeeper that would
> be shared with Other projects. Can someone advice how to configure
> namespace  in kafka and zookeeper.
> >
> > Thanks so much
> >
> > Sent from my iPad

+