Kafka, mail # user - Re: Broker crashes when no space left for log.dirs - 2013-08-15, 18:31

Bryan Baugher 2013-08-14, 16:52
+
Joel Koshy 2013-08-15, 00:06
+
Jay Kreps 2013-08-15, 02:59
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-08-15, 17:20
+
Jay Kreps 2013-08-15, 17:58
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-08-15, 18:12
Re: Broker crashes when no space left for log.dirs
I am saying we always immediately write to the fs. So the question is is it
possible with delayed allocation in ext4 to do a successful write that
later cannot be flushed to disk due to running out of space? I don't know
the answer to this, though I would hope it is not possible.

Basically if our write to the fs succeeds and replicas acknowledge then we
send back the ack.

-Jay