Kafka, mail # user - Re: Broker crashes when no space left for log.dirs - 2013-08-15, 18:31

Re: Broker crashes when no space left for log.dirs
I am saying we always immediately write to the fs. So the question is is it
possible with delayed allocation in ext4 to do a successful write that
later cannot be flushed to disk due to running out of space? I don't know
the answer to this, though I would hope it is not possible.

Basically if our write to the fs succeeds and replicas acknowledge then we
send back the ack.

-Jay