Kafka, mail # user - Re: 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump? - 2013-03-05, 16:46

Re: 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?
My take on this is that since 0.8 is very new, most people are going to be
on 0.7 for a while. When those people try out Kafka 0.8, it is best if they
see performance/guarantees similar to 0.7. Gradually, people are going to
want to move to 0.8 which is when we can revisit changing the default num
acks to 1.

Thanks,
Neha