Kafka >> mail # user >> Metadata API returns localhost.localdomain for one of the brokers in EC2

+
Aniket Bhatnagar 2013-10-03, 06:58
Re: Metadata API returns localhost.localdomain for one of the brokers in EC2
You can configure the hostname for the broker with the "host.name"
property in the broker's config (server.properties?). If you don't
specify one here, then all interfaces will be bound to and one will be
chosen to get published via ZooKeeper (what the metadata API is reading)

See: http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#brokerconfigs

-David

On 10/3/13 2:57 AM, Aniket Bhatnagar wrote:
> I have installed 2 brokers on EC2. I also have a (scala) application that
> receives data stream and pushes to kafka cluster. By co-incidence, a
> (slightly heavier) EC2 instance is running both a kafka broker and the data
> receiver application. I am noticing that all data receiver application
> nodes that are not on the shared kafka + reciever app EC2 instance are
> complaining for connect errors to localhost.localdomain:9092. Is this a
> possible bug that results in Kafka detecting instance hostname
> as localhost.localdomain instead of actual hostname?
>
> Also, how do I fix this temporarily until a permanent fix is available?

+
Jun Rao 2013-10-03, 14:27
+
Aniket Bhatnagar 2013-10-03, 15:03