Kafka, mail # user - Re: Mirrormaker stopped consuming - 2013-09-03, 16:26

Re: Mirrormaker stopped consuming
2013-09-01 05:59:27,792 [main-EventThread] INFO
 (org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient)  - zookeeper state changed (Disconnected)
2013-09-01 05:59:27,692 [main-SendThread(
mandm-zookeeper-asg.data.sfdc.net:2181)] INFO
 (org.apache.zookeeper.
ClientCnxn)  - Client session timed out, have not
heard from server in 4002ms for sessionid 0x140c603da5b0032, closing socket
connection and attempting reconnect

This indicates that your mirror maker and/or your zookeeper cluster is
GCing for long periods of time. I have observed that if "client session
timed out" happens too many times, the client tends to lose zookeeper
watches. This is a potential bug in zookeeper. If this happens, your mirror
maker instance might not rebalance correctly and will start losing data.

You mentioned consumption/production stopped on your mirror maker, could
you please take a thread dump and point us to it? Meanwhile, you might want
to fix the GC pauses.

Thanks,
Neha