Kafka, mail # user - Re: 0.7 -> 0.8 Protocol Upgrade in production environments - 2014-01-21, 22:48

Re: 0.7 -> 0.8 Protocol Upgrade in production environments
In my case, we just rolled out a separate 0.8 cluster, and migrated
producers to it over time (took several weeks to get everything
updated to the new cluster).  In the transition, we had consumers
running for both clusters.  Once no traffic was flowing on the old
cluster, we then shut down the 0.7 cluster.

I think this was simpler than trying to forward data from one to the other.

You can't have the 2 existing in a mixed state in the same cluster, at
all.  The protocols and storage formats are entirely different.

Jason

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 5:38 PM, François Langelier