Kafka >> mail # dev >> Kafka/Hadoop consumers and producers

Re: Kafka/Hadoop consumers and producers
So guys, just to throw my 2 cents in:

1. We aren't deprecating anything. I just noticed that the Hadoop contrib
package wasn't getting as much attention as it should.

2. Andrew or anyone--if there is anyone using the contrib package who would
be willing to volunteer to kind of adopt it that would be great. I am happy
to help in whatever way I can. The practical issue is that most of the
committers are either using Camus or not using Hadoop at all so we just
haven't been doing a good job of documenting, bug fixing, and supporting
the contrib packages.

3. Ken, if you could document how to use Camus that would likely make it a
lot more useful to people. I think most people would want a full-fledged
ETL solution and would likely prefer Camus, but very few people are using
Avro.

-Jay