Kafka, mail # user - LeaderNotAvailable Exception

Re: LeaderNotAvailable Exception
Prasanna Kumar Jalakam 2013-01-24, 04:50
Hi Neha,

On zookeeper console it is appearing only once. But in Kafka - server
console I am getting the following exception continuously when ever
application tries to send some request.

kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException: Leader not local for topic test2
partition 0 on broker 0
        at
kafka.server.ReplicaManager.getLeaderReplicaIfLocal(ReplicaManager.scala:168)
        at
kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$appendToLocalLog$2.apply(KafkaApis.scala:271)
        at
kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$appendToLocalLog$2.apply(KafkaApis.scala:266)
        at
scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:206)
        at
scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:206)
        at scala.collection.immutable.Map$Map1.foreach(Map.scala:105)

Is this related to zookeeper or kafka? I am trying to electing leader
manually but I am not able to do it.

Any basic thing I am missing?

Thanks
Prasanna