Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: delete a topic

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-08-22, 17:57
+
Jay Kreps 2013-08-22, 18:15
+
Vadim Keylis 2013-08-22, 18:41
Re: delete a topic
Vadim,

The JIRA tracking this feature is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-330.
Until we have this feature, we should remove any scripts that give the
impression of deleting a topic, as Jay suggested. I tried looking under
bin/ but couldn't find any delete topic or partition script.

Can you tell us which script you are using?

Thanks,
Neha
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Vadim Keylis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Jay or Neha. What is the process of deleting the topic if the script
> included in the repository creates false impression?
>
> Thanks,
> Vadim
>

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Jay Kreps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > We should really remove the delete script from 0.8 if we plan to release
> > without delete support. Right now it appears to work but doesn't which is
> > clearly not good.
> >
> > -Jay
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > We currently don't have the delete topic feature in Kafka 0.8. So any
> > > manual attempts to do so might have a negative impact on functionality.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Neha

> log

> > whose