Kafka, mail # user - Topic stuck with leader: none - 2013-08-02, 03:28

Topic stuck with leader: none
Hi there! So, I setup a demo and forgot to create the topic. But since my
producer is set to create topics automatic, it created one. Problem is that
after when sending messages I got a LeaderNotAvailableException.

I ran topic-list shell, and noticed that my topic had leader:none. So I
removed and recreated it. same thing ... it does not matter how many times
I erase it, it always recreate with no leader. Seems to be a bug somewhere
on zookeeper config. ANY other topic that I create, gets a leader, but if I
repeat the experiment (try to send a message to a non existing topic) it
gets created without a leader and I'm never able to delete it and recreate
properly ...

Any ideas?

Regards

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the
rational mind is a faithful servant. We have
created a society that honors the servant and
has forgotten the gift.