Kafka, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 3 - 2013-11-11, 15:07

Joe Stein 2013-11-25, 20:37
+
Joel Koshy 2013-11-26, 21:15
+
Joe Stein 2013-11-26, 21:24
+
Joe Stein 2013-11-26, 22:34
+
Jun Rao 2013-11-27, 18:24
+
Joel Koshy 2013-11-27, 19:36
+
Sriram Subramanian 2013-11-27, 19:50
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-12-02, 01:01
+
David Arthur 2013-12-02, 16:00
+
Kostya Golikov 2013-12-02, 17:12
+
Joe Stein 2013-12-02, 17:14
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-12-02, 17:19
+
Joe Stein 2013-12-02, 17:58
+
David Arthur 2013-12-02, 18:19
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-12-02, 18:27
+
David Arthur 2013-12-02, 18:34
+
Jun Rao 2013-12-03, 06:41
+
David Arthur 2013-12-03, 14:07
+
Jun Rao 2013-12-03, 15:28
+
Joe Stein 2013-12-03, 19:59
+
Joe Stein 2013-12-03, 20:05
+
Joe Stein 2013-12-03, 20:12
+
Joe Stein 2013-10-31, 19:05
+
Jun Rao 2013-11-03, 03:20
+
Joe Stein 2013-11-03, 16:38
+
Joe Stein 2013-11-04, 01:56
+
Jun Rao 2013-11-05, 15:15
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-06, 17:16
+
Joel Koshy 2013-11-07, 19:29
+
Joe Stein 2013-11-08, 00:26
+
Joe Stein 2013-11-08, 20:56
+
Joel Koshy 2013-11-08, 23:30
+
Jun Rao 2013-11-09, 04:53
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-09, 22:00
Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 3
+0 overall. The quality of the build seems good, but I have a few minor
nits/questions.

1) java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError in
./bin/kafka-simple-consumer-perf-test.sh

$ ./bin/kafka-simple-consumer-perf-test.sh
kafka/perf/SimpleConsumerPerformance
kafka.perf.SimpleConsumerPerformance

looks like the perf classes are not included. Maybe this script should
be removed? Or we should include the perf sub-project.

2) No README or INSTALL in the binary dist

3) Missing LICENSE and NOTICE at the top level, aren't these required
for an Apache release?

4) Artifact name - not sure on Apache's policy, but should it be
"apache-kafka"?

Regarding the actual build, I started up with the bin script, produced a
few messages, consumed a few, and then ran the integration tests from
kafka-python against it. Everything seems good here.

-David