Kafka >> mail # dev >> New producer todo

+
Jay Kreps 2014-02-04, 16:55
Re: New producer todo
Filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1239 to track this todo,
so we can continue discussion for these items on the respective JIRA. Also
moved JIRAs for some of these as sub tasks of KAFKA-1239.

Thanks,
Neha
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Jay Kreps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here is the list of todo items we have for the new producer (in no
> particular order):
> 1. Rename to org.apache.* package
> 2. Discuss config approach
> 3. Finalize config approach
> 4. Add slf4j logging for debugging purposes
> 5. Discuss metrics approach
> 6. Add metrics
> 7. Convert perf test to optionally use new producer
> 8. Get system tests passing with new producer
> 9. Write integration tests that test the producer against the real server
> 10. Expand unit test coverage a bit
> 11. Performance testing and analysis.
> 12. Add compression support
> 13. Discuss and perhaps add retry support
> 14. Discuss the approach to protocol definition and perhaps refactor a bit
> 15. Deeper code review
> 16. Convert mirror maker
>
> This doesn't count general bug fixing which I assume we will do as we find
> them.
>
> Guozhang grabbed the integration tests and Neha grabbed Mirror maker
> conversion. If anyone else wants to grab something compression might be an
> easy well-defined one to pick up.
>
> -Jay

+
Jay Kreps 2014-02-04, 17:52