Kafka, mail # user - Non-blocking scala client for Kafka 0.8

Non-blocking scala client for Kafka 0.8
Aniket Bhatnagar 2013-09-25, 06:15
I am integrating Kafka in my in-stream processing and have begun using the
provided Java API (we use Scala in our project). I am wondering if anyone
also feels the need for non-blocking Kafka client in Scala? Producer can
simply return Future[SendResponse] or Future[List[SendResponse]] and
consumers can expose Iteratees to allow for reactive consumption of
messages. The client can have configurable options for producer batch size,
consumer fetch size, etc (much like async-hbase). Is anyone planing on
these lines already?