Kafka, mail # user - Heartbeat btw producer and broker

Re: Heartbeat btw producer and broker
Jun Rao 2013-09-26, 14:44
In Kafka, we do set TCP keepalive in the socket connection. However, in OS
like linux, the default value of tcp_keepalive_time is 2 hours, larger than
the firewall timeout. What you can do is to reduce tcp_keepalive_time to be
less than 1 hour.

Thanks,

Jun