Kafka >> mail # user >> Tailing utilty in Kafka

+
Vijay Ram 2013-02-27, 16:24
+
Jun Rao 2013-02-27, 17:51
+
Vijay Ram 2013-02-27, 19:34
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-02-27, 19:37
Re: Tailing utilty in Kafka
Vijay,

In Kafka, we have the ConsoleConsumer that tails a topic and streams data
continuously from the logs. You can run it like this -

./bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --topic foo

Does that help or were you referring to something else ?

Thanks,
Neha
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Vijay Ram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have a requirement for using the tailing functionality as like Apache
> Flume for log files streaming.
>
> Can I know any built in functionality available for Kafka or any other
> alternative approaches for log file streaming .
>
> Thanks for your advanced help.
>

> Thanks
>
> Vijay

+