Kafka >> mail # user >> question about Controlled Shutdown

question about Controlled Shutdown
Was just reading about Controlled Shutdown here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Replication+tools

Is this something that can be invoked from code, from within a container
running the KafkaServer?

Currently I launch kafka.server.KafkaServer directly from our java app
container.  This allows it to play nice within our deployment system for
rolling restarts, graceful shutdown, etc.

It seems I should now be calling kafka.admin.ShutdownBroker before calling
KafkaServer.shutdown.  Is that right?  Will it work for this to happen in
the same process?

Is there a reason why this wouldn't be automatic from within
KafkaServer.shutdown?

Thanks,

Jason

+