Kafka, mail # user - Re: Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX - 2013-10-22, 07:55

Re: Any detail for Kafka Mbeans/yammer-Metrics obtained from JMX
Thanks a lot Jun.

Now im getting the values in ISR expansion rate,whenever broker goes down
and then up.

But still ISR shrink rate is always having value 0.

what I have done is:

I made 3 node cluster.Than created 5 partitions with replica=3.
partitions got distributed on 1,2,3 brokers with isr= 1,2,3, and replica =
1,2,3
broker -3 is leader for 2 partitions.

then i stopped one broker(say 3),then isr = 1,2 and replica = 1,2,3.
In this case I waited for some time to get the ISR shrink value to get
updated in my jconsole,but value remained 0 for all attributes of ISR
shrink rate.

Then I started broker(say 3) that i stopped earlier,what I saw is:

ISR expansion rate has the values as:

count -2 (on both other brokers 1,2)
oneminuterate - 0.012 etc.

then I again stopped broker-1,still isr shrink rate not getting any
value.Can you please check?

One more thing if you can please have a look:
How the other attributes like FifteenMinuteRate,OneMinuteRate etc are
continuosly changing for any Mbean.