Kafka >> mail # user >> SyncProducer vs Producer

Re: SyncProducer vs Producer
If that is the case:
"Producer is actually the client api that everyone
should be using."

Then why contrib/hadoop-consumer is using SynProducer. Can i modify the
code to use Producer?
Will it have any impact on the system?

Thanks,
Navneet Sharma