Kafka, mail # user - Unpacking "strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees"

Re: Unpacking "strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees"
Florin Trofin 2013-07-13, 01:39
Thanks Jay, this is helpful information. Controlling when offsets are committed is possible only with the SimpleConsumer, correct? I believe that the ConsumerConnector (the high level consumer) commits the offsets automatically. It would be nice to have a hook into it that I can override to let it know when I finished processing a message so it can commit an offset. Is there an improvement request submitted for this already?

Thanks!

F.