Kafka, mail # user - Re: changing broker hosts with 0.7.2 - 2013-03-20, 15:56
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-19, 21:04
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-20, 02:07
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 06:26
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-20, 13:42
Re: changing broker hosts with 0.7.2
I think might be cool, would be to have a feature where by you can tell a
broker to stop accepting new data produced to it, but still allow consumers
to consume from it.

That way, you can roll out new brokers to a cluster, turn off producing to
the old nodes, then wait for the log retention period, and then remove the
old nodes from the cluster.

Does that make sense?  Could it be easily done?

Or is all this a non-issue anyway in 0.8?

Maybe I should just wait for 0.8 to be ready, before doing my migration
anyway.....

Jason