Kafka >> mail # dev >> Re: Get all the partion details from zookeeper for a topic

+
sourabh chaki 2013-02-27, 12:33
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-02-27, 17:52
+
sourabh chaki 2013-03-05, 14:48
Re: Get all the partion details from zookeeper for a topic
The problem is that you need to invoke getData, not getChildren on this
path - /brokers/topics/test-topic/1. That will return the # of partitions
on this broker, which is 1.

Thanks,
Neha
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 6:48 AM, sourabh chaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Neha,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> ZkClient zk = new ZkClient(serverstring );
> List<String> partitions = zk.getChildren("/brokers/topics/test-topic/1");
> // my topic = test-topic, broker id = 1
>
> This broker is associated with partition 0. So I am expecting output should
> be [0] but I am getting empty response [].
>
> Is there anything wrong in the way I am calling it?
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
> Sourabh
>

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Sourabh,
> >
> > In 0.7, you can use zkclient or the zookeeper client library to query the
> > following zookeeper path to get a number of partitions for a topic -
> >
> > get /brokers/topics/[topic]/[broker-id]
> >
> > This will give you # of partitions/broker, you can then add up this value
> > across all brokers.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Neha
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:32 AM, sourabh chaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I am using zookeeper based connector to get data from Kafka Server. Is
> > > there any way to get all the partitions from zookeeper for a given
> topic?
> > >
> > > I need do do that through java code.
> > >
> > > Please help!!!
> > >
> > > Thanks.