Kafka, mail # user - Re: Broker crashes when no space left for log.dirs - 2013-08-15, 00:06

Bryan Baugher 2013-08-14, 16:52
Re: Broker crashes when no space left for log.dirs
Interesting - I agree that it is unfortunate we crash in this
scenario. i.e., if the brokers don't crash at least the published
messages remain available for consumption. However, I think this
problem would effectively be subsumed by doing capacity planning ahead
of time and then setting up alerts when thresholds are close to your
limits although that assumes such alerts are reacted to quickly
enough.

Joel