Kafka >> mail # user >> as i understand rebalance happens on client side

Re: as i understand rebalance happens on client side
We do plan to move the group membership over to the server side and have a
very thin consumer client. The proposal is here -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Client+Rewrite#ClientRewrite-ConsumerAPIand
this is being planned for the 0.9 release. Once this is complete, the
non-java clients can easily leverage the group management feature.

Thanks,
Neha