Kafka, mail # user - Which version to choose => 0.8 or 0.72

+
Étienne Borel 2013-01-17, 22:07
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-01-17, 22:56
+
Eric Tschetter 2013-01-17, 23:09
Re: Which version to choose => 0.8 or 0.72
Neha Narkhede 2013-01-18, 05:09
Is that a trick question, Eric ? The answer is yes :-)

Thanks,
Neha
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Eric Tschetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Neha,
>
> Will the beta release include artifacts in maven? :)
>
> --Eric
>

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > We think we should be able to share a stable 0.8 beta with the community
> by
> > the end of this month. This is also the time we will deploy 0.8 in
> > production at LinkedIn, to ensure that we catch and resolve any bugs that
> > get introduced at scale before the official open source release of 0.8
> > which might not happen until March this year. The plan for the release
> will
> > be to update the Hadoop Loader and Camus to support 0.7 by the official
> > release.
> >
> > I would suggest using the 0.8 beta release to start prototyping and see
> if
> > you can wait until March for the official release.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Neha
> >

> > On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Étienne Borel <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Hy  all,
> > >
> > > We're starting to play with Kafka for an ambitious project which may be
> > in
> > > production within the next 6 months.
> > >
> > > Kafka 0.8 is very promising and answers quite all our needs, the point
> is
> > > that we really want to go with 0.8, but should we consider that a
> stable
> > > version is only a question of weeks or months  or the only safe way is
> > > go with  Kafka 0.7 ?
> > >
> > > Moreover, we noticed that most of the ecosystem projects, such as
> Hadoop
> > > Loader or Camus, are currently only built for Kafka 0.7, I've the
> feeling
> > > that working with 0.8 right now is quite cutting hedge ...
> > >
> > > Could you share your opinion on that ??
> > >
> > > Thanks A lot,

+
Eric Tschetter 2013-01-18, 05:19