Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka Mirroring setup - 2013-08-20, 17:57

Re: Kafka Mirroring setup
In our case, our aggregator/analytics cluster is in our main datacenter, so there's no risk of the main producers becoming disconnected from it.  It seems nicer to have a dedicated aggregator cluster, that only only gets its data via MirrorMaker (Option A), but in our case this isn't necessary.

The aggregator cluster could use MirrorMaker to consume from remote datacenters, but still have regular local producers send it data directly (Option B).