Kafka, mail # user - heterogenous kafka cluster? - 2013-05-17, 21:30

heterogenous kafka cluster?
Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a good way to have a heterogenous kafka cluster
(specifically, if we have nodes with different sized disks).  So, we might
want a larger node to receive more messages than a smaller node, etc.

I expect there's something we can do with using a partitioner that has
specific knowledge about the hosts in the cluster, but this feels messy, to
have this config on every producer client....

Thoughts?

Jason