Kafka, mail # user - Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback

+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-25, 12:03
+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-29, 15:28
+
Jun Rao 2013-04-22, 16:27
+
Chris Curtin 2013-04-22, 17:41
+
Jun Rao 2013-04-22, 22:12
+
Jun Rao 2013-04-29, 04:51
Re: Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback
Chris Curtin 2013-04-29, 12:55
Hi Jun,

I finished and published it this morning:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example

One question: when documenting the ConsumerConfig parameters I couldn't
find a description for the 'auto.commit.interval.ms' setting. I found one
for 'autocommit.interval.ms' (no '.' between auto and commit) in the Google
Cache only. Which spelling is it? Also is my description of it correct?

I'll take a look at custom encoders later this week. Today and Tuesday are
going to be pretty busy.

Please let me know if there are changes needed to the High Level Consumer
page.

Thanks,

Chris
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Any update of the high level consumer example?
>
> Also, in the Producer example, it would be useful to describe how to write
> a customized encoder. One subtle thing is that the encoder needs a
> constructor that takes a a single VerifiableProperties argument (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-869).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun

+