Kafka >> mail # user >> Local forwarder for performance & reliability

+
Ryan Chan 2013-03-15, 05:13
Re: Local forwarder for performance & reliability
Ryan,

Have you tried configuring the num.retries option on the log4j producer ?
When there is a temporary network glitch, it will retry sending the
messages instead of losing them.

Thanks,
Neha

On Thursday, March 14, 2013, Ryan Chan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are currently using the Log4j appender to write to the Kafka (on
> machine on another datacenter), but problem occur when the network is
> interrupted as the message is stored in memory.
>
> Are there any local forwarder/client or similar solutions that can be
> installed on the localhost and take care of the message forwarding?
>
> Thanks.

+
Ryan Chan 2013-03-15, 07:56
+