Kafka >> mail # user >> hadoop-consumer code in contrib package

Re: hadoop-consumer code in contrib package
That makes sense.

I tried an alternate approach- i am using high level consumer and going
through Hadoop HDFS APIs and pushing data in HDFS.

I am not creating any jobs for that.

The only problem i am seeing here is that the consumer is designed to run
forever. Which means i need to find out how to close the HDFS file and kill
consumer.

Is there any way to kill or close high level consumer gracefully?

I am running v0.7.0. I don't mind upgrading to higher version if that
allows me this kind of consumer handling.

Thanks,
Navneet